Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Fucking Mix

So for this week, I decided to make a mix about doing it. By "doing it," I mean Doing It.

I pared down a lot of of songs about doing it because of course a lot of songs are about doing it. Or almost getting to do it. Or not doing it. So I mostly ruled out songs that were baldly dirty in favor of ones that are just about doing it. This wasn't as a matter of taste or family-friendliness because it's fairly obvious I'm not much into either of those. It was subtlety I was looking for.

Fuck it. It's a mix about doing it. Or maybe doing it. Or thinking about doing it, because who doesn't spend some time of each and every day thinking about doing it? Doing it is a strategy for getting through life without throwing yourself or someone you love out the window. Sometimes it's the only reason you don't throw someone else or yourself out the window. Sometimes you wish there was a way you could throw yourself or someone else out the window while doing it, just to make a fucking point.

But maybe that's just me.

Anyway, here's the mix.


1) People Are Still Having Sex (Blank & Jones Remix of La Tour)

I included some clips from History of the World Part I, just to be cool.

2) Let's Get It On (Marvin Gaye)
3) Love Life (Fatboy Slim featuring Macy Gray)
4) Whole New Way (Scissor Sisters)
5) Under Your Skin (Luscious Jackson)

Ah, Madeline Kahn. You are irreplaceable, my dear.

6) I Touch Myself (Divinyls)
7) Paradise By The Dashboard Life (Meatloaf)
8) The Lemon Song (Led Zeppelin)
9) Tony the Beat (The Sounds)
10) Never Say Never (Romeo Void)
11) Sho Nuff (Fatboy Slim)
12) Caress Me Down (Sublime)

No comments: