Thursday, October 6, 2011

Take That, Bitches!

The lira is appalling these days, but I discovered some money in my US savings account, and look what I did!


Here's how I am wisely using the education I've been in the hole for, for the last 18 years: Instead of sleeping, I'm using MS Paint to deface my loan servicer's webpage with lollipops and rainbows. So as you can see, it was money well spent. All $60,000 of it. Or something like that. Who can keep track of anything over $1,000? When have I ever needed to?

So now I'm locked in a debate with how to reward myself for paying off these fuckers-- new boots or a tattoo?

Oh no, wait. Education is its own reward.

Fuck that. Boots or tattoo?

6 comments:

Jack Scott said...

The lira sucks big time. If it carries on like this we'll be stuck here forever. Damn the government's manipulation of the currency. Nice defacement though. Must have given you great satisfaction in a throw my toys out of the pram kinda way!

Barbara said...

Fuck yeah, Stranger! Very nice on paying off the student loan! God, that feels good, doesn't it? I say go for those boots you wanted a while back. They were awesome. Have some fun with your new money and enjoy the fact that it's all over!!!

Erika said...

I say "Booyah" on that loan repayment! I say, "Boo" to the lira. You what's so weird to me? That the dollar is relatively strong considering the US economy doesn't seem as productive as Turkey's. I don't have the time to learn economics.

Congrats on the new found freedom!

Stranger said...

Erika, I'm totally confused about economics. When the dollar tanked back when Congress and the prez and the crying guy whose name looks like "Boner" were all deadlocked over whatever the fuck they were arguing about, I figured the lira would be stronger against it. Instead, the dollar took the lira down with it, spoiled brat currency that it is.

The reason I made this faulty prediction is because my expensive TESOL and linguistics and whatever else education is worth a sack of beans in the grown-up world of money. Or maybe not even a sack of beans, I wouldn't know.

Jack, I'm probably stuck here forever in any case. Good thing too, as I've totally drunk the Kool-Aid and lost my grip on whatever it is I might have had a grip on before.

I'll probably do the boots and the tattoo, depending on how much the tattoo costs and if I can convince the guy to do it. He apparently has a lot of rules. The boots have to wait till summer, though. Leather duties in Turkey are as much as the boots!

mary said...

Sarah - Both. Boots look hot while sporting a tatoo. A tatoo compliments most boots quite nicely. Love, neighbor Mary.

Stranger said...

Mary, as always, I like the way you think. Remind me to message you for my next conundrum.

x